At this time SARACC does not employ caregivers.
About Sharon Acute Rehab And Alternative Caregiver Corporation (SARAACC) in Perris, California
Meet Our Caring Team
Meet The Founder
James Edward Savoy
James Edward Savoy is Founder and CEO of Sharon Acute Rehab And Alternative Caregiver Corporation (SARAACC) a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, established in 2006, approved May 2012. Our mission to advance comprehensive and innovative care of brain-injured persons by utilizing current and future technologies, alternative and conventional care, along with highly effective physical therapy. The population we serve: Caregivers, Veterans, Family members of Veterans, Youth, Athletes, others unable to care for themselves, that suffer from traumatic brain damage or brain injuries.
- Planned, directed and coordinated activities of project design. Ensured that aims and objectives were accomplished in accordance with outline priorities, time limitations, and funding;
- Analyzed results of operation for substantial gains and more efficient utilization of resources;
- Coordinated the successful simultaneous development of several projects;
- Recruited/requested assignment of personnel;
- Reviewed project reports and schedule accordingly; and
- Prepared project status reports for managment.
- State of Texas
- Bonded Contractor-State of Texas-1970-1985
- Jay's Renovation Contractor - Beaumont Texas
- Bonded Contractor State of Texas - 2003-2005
- Jay Todd Building and Development Contractor
- State of California
- California Class B General Contracor - License #862415
- California Certification Supervisor for Asbestors
- California Certification Building Inspection Asbestos
- 2011-Present: Owner/Operator - Global Unique Supplies E-Commerce, Jay's Development Contractor
- 2000-2011: Los Angeles Housing Authority, Los Angeles, California (Retired December 2011)
- 1996-1997: Project Manager - The Mills Corporation - Arlington, Virginia
- 1995-1996: City of Los Angeles General Services
- 1994-1995: Fisher Development-San Franciso, California
- 1990-1995: M.F. Millwork - Chino, California, Peck Hillard Company - Mountain View, California
- 1988-1989: Robert E. Bailey Construction
He received his formal education in the public school system of Beaumont Texas; Charlton Pollard High School and attended Lamar University and Cheneer Business School.
He joined the United States Army - Administration Supply - Battalion Level including Vietnam - Honorable Discharge - Staff Sergeant E-5. In the US Army, he was able to travel the world and see some amazing places. He often share these stories with family and friends.
He was married to Sharon L. Savoy for over 35 years. They have one son, Shamez. In 2006, his wife had a brain assault and he was introduced to the world of caregiving, the curve of understanding was steep and the time to learn was short. If you haven't been exposed to caregiving, don't worry, your time will come; you see there is no way in life that at some point you will not know, as you will need, become, or know someone who will need, or employ a caregiver. His passion is teaching and caring for others that have limited resources. In his spare time he enjoys reading, writing (it is a dream to have his writings published), watching movies, documentaries, and news.
Additional Board Member
Essie French Preston
Dr. Essie French Preston is an educator and community advocate. She graduated from Alabama State University in 1969. Upon graduation she attended the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama where she received the Master of Arts degree in Guidance and Counseling in 1977. She later attended the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama where she received both the Educational Specialist in Guidance and Counseling and the Doctorate degree in Instructional Leadership.
Dr. Preston began her career in education at Stillman College, Tuscaloosa, Alabama as a counselor and advanced to the position of Director of Counseling, Testing, and Career Placement.
In 1986, she relocated to Los Angeles, California where she became an employee at Compton College as Director of Admissions and Records. She served in administration as Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Vice President of Students Affairs until being asked to serve as Interim Superintendent in 1992. In 2005, Compton College became a campus within the El Camino College District, at which time, Dr. Preston became the counselor for the nursing department, and coordinator of the honors program.
She attributes her educational and professional accomplishments to the academic foundation that she received as a student at Alabama State University as an undergraduate student. Her experience was memorable, exciting and motivational. The professors were motivating, inspiring and served as a role model for her to follow.
As an Advocate, she served as Southwest Sectional Director for the National Association of University from 2014-2019. Chapter President of the Los Angeles South Bay Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma in 2004, second Vice President of Eta Phi Beta Business and Professional Sorority, Board member for Sharon Acute Care Foundation, Liturgical minister at our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, Distinguished Faculty – 2015, Alabama Association of Counseling and Development Distinguished Service Award, Leadership Tuscaloosa, Latin Organization of Lynwood – Outstanding Support Award, City of Compton – Outstanding Dedication to Youth, St. Timothy Minor Board member, Phi Delta Kappa Honor Sorority Educator or the Year and
As a Board Member of Sharon Acute Care Foundation, she has received to Certificates of Attendance from American Naturopathic Medical Institute in Live Blood Assessment, Dried Blood Assessment and Therapeutic Nutrition and to Certificates of Completion from Boise State University in Clinical Microscope and Nutritional Therapy for Health Care Practitioners.
Recognizing the Future trend of Health Care in California, it is imperative that we focus our attention on the need for quality Health Care for Senior which includes health Care Workers.